Social Work professionals help individuals, couples and families cope with the social, psychological, cultural and medical issues resulting from an illness. Our social worker also help patients fully utilize medical care and services by:
- Providing health-care resources and policies.
- Arranging post-hospital services.
- Helping patients and families navigate their healthcare options by directing them to additional resources and through referral planning.
- Respecting the individual cultural, social, and religious views that effect the patient’s response to their health situation and options.
- Providing advocacy options when necessary.
- Assuring patient’s emotional, social, and financial needs are addressed during their medical care and treatment.